Address :17 Badia street, Masr Elgedida
Brief about the school
The school was established by monasticism founded by the Apostolic See (Vatican state) in 4/6/1847. Its objective is preserving the Armani heritage, language and culture to its children. The first festival was held for monasticism was held after establishment for monasticism on 9 December 1847. Monasticism was named in the name of Virgin Mary (Immaculate Conception). Establishment was in Turkey till it was transported to the main house of monasticism in Rome 1922. After establishment for monasticism, invocations started to increase and started to extend throughout the world.
Establishment of ِArmenian Catholic sisters School in Cairo
Three nuns arrived to Cairo in 1937 according to request of Catholic Armani Patriarchy for opening schools for the Armani colony scattered from all sides of the world because of the Armani Butchery (1915) that led to death of the Armani people by martyring. By invitation of the archbishop Excellence priest / Hakob Nesiman, Catholic Armani Nuns School was established in September 1937. It taught Armani language and Christian religion in the church and El-Fagala schools till a wide piece of land was purchased in present Heliopolis, El-Merghany Street, Faten Hamama station upon which it was held modern building with two floors. The school was inaugurated for the Armani students in 1953 – 1954. The school was inaugurated by nuns including sister / Carmel Khukasy, then sister/ Margret Kezangian, sister/ Inosens Warda and sister/Emma Kasbian. The school attained successes and high position in the formal exams in its all stages. At the beginning, number of students was 140 Armani students. Due to the hard financial circumstances that faced the school and taking care of continuation of working, the management decided opening its gates widely and accepting students from all races. Within short period, work expanded and increased where number of students rose from 400 to 500 students. In 1962–2009, sister/ Tudora Murad arrived as the school manager. She made expansions and erected a building in order that the place is widened and reached to one thousand students and then two thousand students till today. At that time, our school attained several of appreciation certificates thanks to her efforts and wise management for many years. Splendid reports were written for this great edifice. In 2007, sister/ Rita Elias received management of the school. Thanks God, the school continued with high successes. The school received appreciation certificates in all sides. The best evidence for these successes is attaining :
2008/2009 The student / Nayera Mohamed Sabry attained the first position in General Secondary School certificate at the level of the republic.
The student/ Fiby Edward Nashed who attained also in the same year 2008 the tenth position at the level of Arab Republic of Egypt.
2009/2010 success did not stop. Our school always the winner. It scored also and attained the first three positions at the level of the republic :
Who are :
The student / Mariam Maher Michael Rezk
And the student / Noran Rashad Mahmoud El-Behiry.
2011/2012 It occupied the first positions at the level of the republic in the secondary stage :
- The student / Marian Raafat Salib – the third position – literary section at the level of the republic and the first one at Heliopolis Educational Administration.
- The student / Dina Ahmed Aziz Abdel Aty - the second position – literary section at the level of Heliopolis Educational Administration.
- The student / Dalia Ibrahim Abdel Azim – the third position - literary section at the level of Heliopolis Educational Administration.
In the same year the preparatory stage
- The student / Marian Selim Wadie – the fourth position at the level of Heliopolis Educational Administration.
- The student / Sherry Karim Fawzy - the second position at the level of Heliopolis Educational Administration.
In the same year also the primary stage
- The student / Yasmin Ahmed Abu Sreei – the third position at the level of Heliopolis Educational Administration.
Every year, the school holds competitions in all of the cultural, scientific and social fields. Our students attained appreciation certificates in all of these fields at the level of Heliopolis Educational Administration. Developments and expansions occurred inside the school in all of its corners such as activities rooms, general maintenances for all corners of the school and renewing all laboratories of the school.
** In 2007/2008, three new buses were purchased for the students instead of the old three ones. That is in order that the present number of buses reaches 14 buses. Computers were updated as a whole in all of computer laboratories in the secondary stage. In addition, the primary, preparatory and secondary libraries and science laboratories were developed and modernized for all of the stages.
** In 2008/2009, all of exterior buildings of the school were painted including kindergarten, primary, preparatory and secondary stages. Also, church of the school was renewed and expanded in the same year 2009. It was inaugurated on 8/12/2009 on the occasion of the feast of Virgin Mary (Immaculate Conception), patron saint of Catholic Armani monasticism inaugurated by the priest / Krikor Ughastinous, head of Catholic Armani group, attended by His Majesty Ambassador of Vatican state Mr. Mickel Vizgerald and His Majesty Ambassador of Armenia state in Egypt Mr. Armin Malkonian, attended by general chairman / Mother Yafdoksia Kashishian, manager of the school sister / Rita Elias and nuns of the establishment itself and attended by nuns of other schools and persons in charge of the school.
In 2009/2010, theatre of the school was expanded that became integrated with all of the necessary devices to be a complete theatre with all of the developed devices. It was inaugurated on 21/5/2011 by Excellency priest / Krikor Ughastinous Kosa, head of Armani group, attended by His Majesty Ambassador of Vatican state Mr. Vizgerald, His Majesty Ambassador of Armenia state in Egypt Mr. Armin Malkonian, manager of the school sister / Rita Elias, sisters nuns, all of the teaching staff, students and persons in charge.
In 2010/2011, media laboratories were renewed in the primary building (multimedia) to adapt developments of the age and with vision and mission of our school by presenting the most modern developments and the most recent technology for the teacher and student for bringing up the generation for loving religion without separation and love.
On 15/5/2011, the school attained education quality guarantee and authentication certificate for the secondary stage. This was crown of tiredness and effort of all of the ones in charge at school. The school celebrated this great incident with all of the students and personnel at school. Congratulations for all of us.
Presently, it is acted for presenting education quality guarantee and authentication certificate in this present year 2011/2012 for all stages including kindergarten, primary and preparatory. Renewals of this year 2011/2012 were accomplished for primary building by painting the building as a whole and all of the classes, renewing computer laboratory with the devices, renewing the media laboratory (multimedia) and science laboratory by its expansion and renewing all of the maquettes necessary for science laboratory. The kindergarten building was renewed as a whole by painting it including walls and classes. It was made a private class for (multimedia) specialized for the kindergarten. Thanks God for everything since our mission as nuns is our devotion and our mission for the generations is giving by bringing up generations and generations across the years in this great edifice that is built upon bases of science, culture, education and ethics, upon understanding, fraternal love between Muslims and Christians living with supreme ethics. We are connected with religious ethics and fraternal love in order to exist with all pride and glory. Greeting to the school and greeting to Egypt.
Manager of the school
Sister / Rita Elias